I LOVE running hills . . . my first real race since high school was Pikes Peak Ascent, and then the following year Mt Evans. I was 37 and relatively Fat! Pike Peak Marathon was supposed to be my first marathon, but I tore my meniscus and had to bail. I ended up running a similar race in the Spanish Pyrenees, the Aneto Marathon which is also a self sufficient race. *I highly recommend it. I have changed a lot since then, but my love for hills hasn’t, I guess I can say that I just love running in general now.
The Hill Training Clinic with Tim Long is AWESOME idea!!! I will be there . . . Anything that will make my Andorra race easier will help - http://www.andorraultratrail.com/
March 31st (Sunday) 9:00AM at Mt. Falcon Park
Seems like everyone hates hills. Some think the uphills are too hard and everyone passes them in races. Others are timid on the descents and don't take advantage of our friend, gravity. Putting in the practice and training obviously helps, but knowing certain techniques and practicing them will chop huge chunks of time off your finish results and leave your competitors wondering how you got so fast on hills, especially over technical terrain.
This has become the most popular clinic with a number of repeat participants. The information will stay with you and improve your running and racing for the rest of your life. You won't want to miss all the fun! These clinics are capped at 30 participants. They will sell out, so register quickly.
- Hill running technique on technical climbs and descents.
- Climbing efficiently (when to walk vs run, arm position, etc), transitioning from walk to run while maintaining pace
- Descending (low center of gravity, arm position, foot placement, etc)
- Using hills strategically in races.
- How to run various hill workouts for best conditioning results.
- Includes 3 x 3 min hill workout with warm up and cool down.
- We follow up the clinic with group runs of all abilities.
Clinic is just $35 and will include giveaways from Vi Fuel (best gels in the world) and some nice running gear.
Register by contacting me via email - tim (AT) footfeathers.com